Nature 2 is a sanitizing system that uses patented mineral-bed technology to provide crystal clear water and improved water quality. Working with the spa filtration
system, Nature 2 uses elemental minerals that combine with a small amount of chlorine to inhibit bacteria growth and eliminate contaminants. Minerals make the
water noticeably softer, and less chlorine means a lower potential for red-eye, dry skin or foul odors. With Nature 2, your swim experience is clean, fresh, and
Chemicals Simplified – Nature 2
- METAL GON: Pour in the whole bottle each time you fill up your spa with new water. (Half a bottle if your spa is a 2 or 3 person). Drain and fill about every 6 months. (Keeps
metal parts in spa from rusting and deteriorating & keeps the metal & mineral content in the water from depositing on the finish of your spa, avoiding the “sandpaper”
- NATURE 2 CARTRIDGE: Place the yellow Nature 2 Cartridge inside your filter OR in the filter basket. (Do NOT place inside
filter if there is a chance that the cartridge could fall down into the plumbing). The Nature 2 Cartridge is activated by adding 1.5 tablespoons Dichlor to the water. Nature 2 Cartridge
is good for aprox. 4 months.
- MPS or Non-chlorine shock (RENEW): is used to keep the spa clean and free of contaminates. After each spa use, add 1 tablespoon Renew to your spa for each 250
- DEFENDER: is a hard water inhibitor and keeps the calcium etc…from building up on the walls of the plumbing and spa. Add 2oz. at fill up and 1oz. per week there
- SPA UP & DOWN: keep the water pH balanced. pH should be around 7.5. Spa Down lowers the pH and Spa Up raises the pH. Test strips
will give current pH & Bromine levels.
- TEST STRIPS: Take one strip and dip it about one foot deep in the spa water then make three circles with it still in the water. Pull it out
and compare the colors on the test strip with the color chart on the bottle. Make necessary adjustments to your sanitize level and pH with the chemicals as needed. If pH is high, use Spa
Down. If pH is low, use Spa Up. If the sanitizer levels are low, add more Renew.
- WATER CLARITY: If you can’t see the bottom of your spa, first make sure that your filters are clean. (If dirty, spray off with
hose). Second, increase your filter cycle to maximum (see owners manual). If after two or three days it still isn’t clear, you can use a water clarifier, I.E> Bright & Clear, Sea
Klear, Scum Gon, etc. Follow the direction on the bottle.
- SHOCK: Once a week, put in one to two capfuls of shock (RENEW or OZ tablets) for optimum spa and chemical performance. (After heavy use, put in an additional capful).
Run spa with cover off for 1/2 hour. This removes the by-products that inhibit the effectiveness of your sanitizer (bromine/chlorine).